Sunday, April 3, 2011

*A thing or so I learnt *

I know I have been missing in action lately, but I’ve just been so busy, and still am. Today was literally my only day off from work plus school for like since forever :P lol…but it all starts back tomorrow.

I wanted to blog about my experience over the last year (as I just turned 23), and my over all experience of university life…but before that…I got accepted to teachers college today – the school that I got accepted to was my first choice also …the law school idea just wont be happening for September 2011, maybe September 2012…who knows
Anyways…

Looking back at myself, when I started off in university I can honestly say – I am not the woman today! I was insecure about myself, and my ability to succeed academically, and in life! I took for granted the people in my life, and did not appreciate how wonderful life is, and how amazing I can be if I try!

It was my third year in university, after being on academic warning for having a GPA not high enough, and just looking around, and seeing the people around me that gave me some perspective. I told myself, it was time to change ( I don’t actually remember doing this ) but something came over me, where I knew I could do better for myself, in every aspect of my life.

This is my fifth year (yes, I spent an extra year in university) but I’m young, and it was all in good fun! Adjusting to this new role was so weird, I swear. In class I would talk more, and the teachers would acknowledge that, I saw a drastic improvement in my over all GPA…and by the end of the third year I was NO longer on academic warning.

By the time my fourth year rolled around. I started to be more creative in my interaction with class mates, and with my ability to write an essay, prepare for an exam, and present in front of people. Currently, as I’m typing this, I’m making it seem easy, but uni life is not easy, it was just the outlook I started to have. It did not happen over night, it actually took 2-3 years to get into this groove, and of course I still struggle, but I am able to manage my struggling a whole lot better.
Before university, my personality is not what it is today. I learned to value the people in my life, but also value life itself. I have come to show respect to people of all kind, even if I don’t know them. I learnt that people will not always be how you want them to be, and guess what, TOTALLY FINE! Lets put a blind eye to it, because there are things so much more important. It’s difficult sometimes, and that’s okay, we are only human to think negatively every once and while.

Life will always be a struggle, and we will always have obstacles in life. I try to stay calm, and enjoy today! When things are meant to be, they will be. Sounds like a cliché but truly let life take its course! Having skin cancer, I will say has not defined who I am but has allowed me to see things in a brighter light! A little scare like that, has to have some positiveness come out of it right? Which by the way things are good right now!

I have a wonderful family, who I love! But I also have wonderful friends whom I love, and consider them family, and I can’t forget about my Mr. Curious who is so special to me. My friends are all beautiful and unique in their own way. I have to say that I look up to my friends and consider them a role model. When I see how beautiful and amazing their personalities are, I inspire to be like them! I don’t see all my friends to often, but we always are able to pick up where we leave off from the time before.

I want to finish off with this quote/saying I found on line (the author is unknown) but this is currently one of my fav quotes, so true!

I am a strong believer that as individuals we create our lives, with every thought every minute of everyday. Everything happens for a reason. Without these small "tests", life would be like a smoothly paved, straight road to nowhere, safe and comfortable but dull and pointless.

The successes and downfalls that we experience can create who we are, and bad experiences can be learned from to make us stronger. Be yourself, trust your intuition and surround yourself with people who make you smile, laugh and make u happy.

Good night everyone!

5 comments:

  1. Love this post!

    You grew becaause you have allowed yourself too! and you should be very proud of yourself... yes univeristy did play a big role! I can sure say it has for me! but for me I also had a great support group! you and my other close friends, and Like I had handsome you had mr. curious! these people are very special people! and without such an amazing group... its hard to keep on growing like you and I did... Im very glad I have a friend like you... a friend that is so defined, someone with so much to offer.. and very smart! ... I am so happy that you are happy my love... and im sooooo happy you got accepts to teachers college!! you are on a very insightful road... you have so much more to learn and you are already a step ahead of most people your age! love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to find your blog....Loving this party. I have am trying to read as many blogs as I can. I have already found some jewels.
    I would love to read every single one...Everyone has a story.
    Teresa
    http://teresa-grammygirlfriend.blogspot.com/

    http://grammyababychangeseverything.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats!! Teachers college is a huge accomplishment. :)
    I know what you mean about it taking a while to find your groove in University. I know that if I went back now, beign more confident in who I am, I would get more out of school! Approaching 40 has it advantages. Yeah you for growing each and every year and trying to make the most of every moment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, thank you for stopping by and welcoming me back!!! I am so glad to be back and I can't wait to chat with everone!!

    XOXO
    Karee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad I found your blog! This has inspired me, I am struggling with college, I am almost done with my 2nd year, and I have trouble academically, I am very shy, and just like to hide behind everyone else. It does take a while to get used to. But love the blog. Best of luck on Teachers College! I am sure you will do great!

    ReplyDelete