Thursday, November 25, 2010

Health update & other exciting news!

So before I start this post, I must welcome the newest addition to my family, my little bud L! My sister-in-law had a beautiful boy this morning, 7 pounds!! I just want to squeeze and kiss him! I got to quickly meet him this morning and again tonight with my other 2 year old nephew. I love them both!

Random news: I am writing my LSAT December 11th, am I ready? NO...but I have to realize if it doesn't work out this time around, I will re write, and find a plan, and to just try my best!

Some other news...
Yesterday, Women's College Hospital called me and asked me if I was interested in having my surgery today because they had a cancellation. Of course, I said YES!!!!
My appointment was at 12, and I didn't leave until 4 30! I got a complete body scan, which will help monitor any irregular moles, or any changes in any spots. I also got the rest of the skin cancer removed on my ankle/bottom leg (I hope). Its a big scar, and I was extremely nervous. It took 10 needles to numb it, and I HATEEEEEEEE needles so that was the toughest part. After 10 minutes I couldn't feel anything, which was good. I still feel numb so hopefully when the numbing goes away it wont be TOO bad. I got 16 stitches!!

I knew I was in good hands because I had one of the best surgeons in CANADA! (I heard from many people he is good, and of course I had to research on google for my self lol).

Since I found out that I had melanoma, I was constantly on google late at night, typing practically everything you can think of in the search engine. I learnt that, there are so many young girls my age who have/had melanoma! About 90% (my own rough estimate lol) of the stories that I read, mentioned that they use to tan when they were at a young age. Once I decided to stop tanning, I came to realize that I had 2 addictions, an addiction to be dark, and an addiction to tanning. In my own opinion, I feel for every young girl who uses tanning for the reasons I used it, to cover your natural beauty. I kinda wanted to do something about this, but really, what can I do? how could I even get involved

Well...today while my doctor was stitching me up, he asked me my thoughts about tanning. I told him I use to tan...all through highschool and the first two years of university. I knew it was bad, but the professionals at the tanning salon made me feel like it was a healthy way. Its not there fault, I was just too blinded by it all. Anyways, he asked me if I would be interested in helping him out with his campaign that will be happening in the spring, to share my story. I was pretty happy about that!!

He also told me something funny, I thought (funny in a weird way). He told me that a owner of tanning salon in our area called his office and asked him to stop telling patients that tanning causes skin cancer!! My doctor responded accordingly but I just thought it was interest lol!

Okay, thats all for now, I am going to catch up on all the blogs I have been missing!!

xox.
S

1 comment:

  1. 1st Congrats on your exciting additon to the family!
    2nd I'm so glad you got in for your surgery. Onwards and upwards. Imagine the people you can help if you assit that Doctor with his spring campagin! Yeah you!

    ReplyDelete