It took me sooo long to finally get my G....well it felt like it anyways. I know it may not be the biggest accomplishment...but it was to me yesterday!
Where I live, after getting your G2 (where you are able to drive alone)...you have 5 years to take another test where you have your complete liceans.
Now many people encouraged me not to wait the 5 years because I will soon pick up my own driving techniques and what was taught to me by the driving schools will soon fade. Of course...I did not listen...like how hard can it truly be? I thought to my self
Anyways...I decided last August to take the first test...because I figured in case I fail...I have one more year to re-do the test...but I was confident of course, that I would pass. So I get to the counter...and the man was rude and blunt. He had told me that I missed my appointment and it was at 9 am, not 1 pm...and I had to pay $75 again. I assured him that I would NEVER make an appointment that early...especially if I am driving on the highway...unfortunately he made me pay again...I had no choice and I was trying to remain calm. Shortly after, this woman is walking towards my car - she checks if the car is safe to drive (checking lights, signals and horn). We than proceeded to the test...I am driving on the road feeling very confident still...5 minutes into the test and the woman in a stern voice says "Mam, you are going 49 in a school zone, SLOW DOWN"...I suddenly felt my confidence crush...and new it went down hill from there. BUT...slowly I began to feel okay because she continued to make me do things on the test...and complimented my merging on the highway. We finally get back to the drive centre when she asks me to shut my car off and passes me my paper that says FAILED!...she was very serious when mentioning that there is a zero tolerance in a school zone. I was crushed when she left the car...I began crying..and I drove away feeling silly.
I wanted to get it over with so I decided to book again for the end of August...I pay online- everything is good...but suddenly the Ministry decides to go on strike for 5 and half months pushing my test all the way to February! So I get to the test centre...same routine...I wait in my car for the instructor to come check if the car is good to go...and SUDDENLY.... my back break light was NOT working. So of course...I could not do the test and I lost 50 % of the money. I started to get very fusterated but there was nothing I can do. Once again I felt silly because I should have checked before going to the centre ...sooo I made an appointment for June 10...but I enrolled in a summer course that I had an exam at the same time I had my G...so of course I had to re schedule my G.
Yesterday.......I get there...with my car checked...everything was a GO...except the man at the counter asked me if I'd like to re-schedule my test because there is alot of traffic on the highway...it will be a 2 hour wait. I decided to wait!!!!!!!!!!...I had too. There was no 2 hour wait...it was 10 minutes. I proceeded to drive...and was shaking ...my instructor knew I was very nervous and told me to calm down. He tried to create conversation with me and before I knew it I was DONE DONE DONE. He told me to shut my car off (I began to get nervous)...he told me that I PASSED........but this time I was going TOO SLOW ...
Anyways...my lesson was learnt, try to never wait too long, it may cost you, your time and alot of money.........but on a brighter note....I PASSED :)
Love your blog - you are off to a great start and you have my favorite words as your theme - Live, Laugh, Love!!! I am your newest follower and stick in there!!!
ReplyDeleteXOXO
kiki
hhaha love the punchine S. that was a great lesson learned! thanks for the tip!
ReplyDeleteCongrats to you!
ReplyDeletecongratssssssss im so proud of you! Of course I didnt learn my lesson since i waited 3 years to go for my g2 and failed and never went again and then they went on strike and it was too late b.c my g1 expired so now i have to start from the begining....stupid me....but when the time is right I will be ready!
ReplyDelete