Saturday, May 7, 2011

Must see video - Dear 16 year old me

I am re posting this video, it was originally posted on the David Cornfield Melanoma Foundation website. I watched this video about 5 times already, and sometimes it even brings tears to my eyes.

I can't seem to show the video on my blog, so here is the link - please watch.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4jgUcxMezM

The video is my reality. I should have listened when I was 16. I should have taken the advice of my parents to avoid tanning beds, and literally baking in the sun for hours on end. I knew deep down that me constantly burning would be harmful in the future, but I didn't seem to care. The worst part about tanning so often was, me loving the 'sun burn' I would get, I would want to get burned so bad, because I knew that it would turn into a nice tan. I don't want another 16 year old, to follow these bad habits. Not just in tanning, in general, which is why I like this video so much.

After visiting the David Cornfield Melanoma Foundation website, I found two things that were of interest to me. Firstly, I've been wanting to donate lately, but haven't picked any foundation, until now. I am going to donate to the melanoma foundation. You are able to do so online, through the website. Secondly, I just got a new summer job (which I haven't started yet), and I saw that the company is one of the DCMF sponsors - this makes me super happy!

As the warm weather is coming up here in Canada, it is important to be cautious. We all love being so dark and glowy, however, making sure you are protected before staying in the sun all day is also really important. Burning your skin is painful, and harmful. Ultimately, the decision is one's own, but this video is one of the best video's I have seen that promotes awareness. I would appreciate if you would continue to pass on the video.

S.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, this is powerful. It really gets to me because I lost an uncle 3 years ago to skin cancer. It was a really difficult situation. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen this video on facebook! You are so smart and so brave to spread the word, and so generous to give of your time!! Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you S. you are an amazing person and life teaches us a whole lot! donating to melanoma foundation is truly amazing! xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. S. this video is so empathic and true.... it touched my heart! and you are so amazing to be spreading the word and promoting change in anyways possible. I am SO Proud of You !xoxo

    ReplyDelete